Monday, July 25, 2011

Dogs are waiting...


But in the spirit of documentation, I'm also going to work my way down through the reccommended film list from AIB- (90% of which include or involve dragqueens... Go figure) first off- Shortbus!

<<(Synopsis- pre-orgasmic sex-therapist lady befriends a gay couple on the rocks who frequent a club hosted by Justin Bond (Queen Du Jour!)...yadda yadda, graphic sex, but well-placed & not gratuitously used; as the preview says "about sexuality, not sex...")>>

The most exciting part for me was the New York City sets made of gently rainbow painted cardboard which illuminated or not depending on the plot point. Especially gratifying was the blue string of lights across the Brooklyn bridge. Reminded me of Michel Gondry's movies, and, well, made me want to re-watch all of his material. Guess that'll go on the to do list.

Justin Bond did give a great performance. I"m looking more into the Radical Faerie Movement, as well as the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Though I'm not sure how this exactly relates to my work, it's still fun...

More soon, ipsos walkies...

No comments:

Post a Comment