Monday, December 17, 2012

printing press workshop

In anticipation of attending Penland I decided to kibitz on a class at Em Space on Vandercook Letterpress prining.  I've actually done the process several times over the years, but it's one of those skills that if you don't practice enough right after you learn you forget the particulars of. 


So, here's my fancy block of text.  You can see I made all sorts of faux pas-  mixing wood and metal type, etc...
And here's a detail of the actual press doing the printing. 

Fete de la Musique  is otherwise known as "World Music Day" where anyone is encouraged to make music anywhere. It's traditionally around the summer solstice.  When I visited France as a youngster it was one of the most moving things I'd ever experienced, and continues to be a tradition I wish I was musical enough to be a part of. More about how I believe this should relate to the critiquing process in future episodes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment