Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What to do with videos.



So, I've been shooting all these relatively tedious videos, and become mostly interested in the strange sounds that they contain.  I like this one, especially, as it's almost a classic still life, and Nirvana is playing.  There's this funny sort of peace implied by the image and this odd nostalgic anxiety by the music.  In my memory the bar is very quiet, but according tot he camera it's quite loud.  And, of course, it isn't peaceful.  I'm jonesing so hard for that cup of coffee...

So, I intend to try to limit the filming, try to make more like this, more still life sorts of adventures.  We'll see, it's all only experimenting.  Also, I really like that the whole things gets abstracted by being turned sideways.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this for all the reasons you listed. I know, super helpful. ;)

    ReplyDelete