Monday, December 5, 2011

Too Long! (the bikini post)





Ok, so I know my last blog was a downer, and that it was far too long ago.  Eventually I broke through the general malaise and started making (logical, I know) bikinis not meant for swimming!  Something absolutely no one needs ever!  I included a shot of my sewing studio-  Meet my new to me 1971 Aristocrat trailer! 

Anyway, the bikinis are (from top to bottom) the utili-bikini, all leather all the time!  The bags are found, but perfect for this scenario and remarkably comfortable.  This is the one functional bikini- as some of you may remember, a bikini is my preferred work wear.

Secondly there is the Proud Heritage bikini- inspired by the Cowboys, Sailors and Indians that nest in my family tree.  This was my first experiment with the heat transfer rhinestones- incredibly expensive way to work, and the little buggers just won't adhere properly. I included my preliminary drawings, which turned out to be too detailed (though the swallows did make it onto the front)

3rdly is the Shark Kill bikini, inspired by a story about shark kills off the coast of Texas.  Over 3,000 sharks were killed in a single loose gill net.  And, in abstraction, that became a string bikini, complete with bizarre and complicated bows and net closures.  And then there was this bass and some great old school waders and and and....

Trying to think of how to show these on or around cubicle walls is not working for me.  So, first of all, I'm working with an illustrator to turn them into pin-up style calendar images.  These are the first test of this idea-  all the photo scrap are as equally cheesy as the garage shot featured here.

<(I'm currently watching the hooters bikini challenge at a coffee shop that has free internet, and I'll admit it's distracting me.)>

Anyway, I'm not sure how many more bikini's I'll finish, but I'm thinking certainly 2 more.  Ill be better posted, I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment